Old December 18th 04, 03:13 AM
NW_PILOT

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Almarz" wrote in message
In any event, if you don't like ANYTHING about a place where you're
plunking your money down, take it elsewhere! Screw the folks that are
turning it around and blaming it on you. It's all about the CUSTOMER.
When these slobs realize that, they'll be better off. Until then, let
them bitch and complain about how they can't make a living.

Good flight instructors are as picky about their students as good students
are picky of their flight instructors. If a student gives me the creeps,

is
rude, or has an attitude problem, he can take his business elsewhere.

I agree but its my money I am spending and it had to be earned with hard
work! I have already been shafted once on my private training and had to go
finish at another flight school witch ended up costing me more money than I
needed to spend. I guess the education I recived from that experience was
worth the extra money spent. I will not make them mistakes again!

Some flight instructor or fbo is going to get a large chunk of
http://www.warflying.net/money.jpg and its not going to be someone that
don't want to work, is under qualified or a company I feel is not going to
give what they agreed upon. Someone like me that want to fly 3 more hours
per day 5 times a week needs an instructor around that can accommodate my
schedule. I want to make dame sure an instructor will show up on time also.
The instructor must also have the experience and the knowledge that I seek
to learn from. Being a flight instructor for a living makes you a business.

I could see flight instructors doing it on the side with little free time
picking and chousing their students but I don't want to here one complaint
on how they are not making any money! If they work an FBO and the FBO brings
them students then they should not be so picky until they at leased fly with
the student. Not every one is perfect, not every one learns the material int
the same way. That is why their are many flight instructors out there.

My first primarry flight instructor was a good instructor but had a bit of
an attitude when you did something wrong and was not calm he scared me a
little.

My second primarry flight instructor was an Excellent Flight instructor but
worked for a FBO that was not stable and the owners were a bunch of crooks.
Wish he did not give up flight instruction for the airlines or we would not
be having this conversation I would have paid him $50.00 or more an hour to
be able to have him as my instructor for my instrument rating. He did not
hold any of his knowledge or skills back and was a straight forward and
adapted to my learning style.

I have flown with a few other flight instructors, most were not very
professional and will not adapt to my learning style so I am seeking out
other areas to meet my instruction needs.