Old February 11th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Nose Strut O-Ring Was Bad...

On 9 Feb 2007 19:36:01 -0800, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

And if you hadn't helped him, it might have taken, what? a half-hour?
:-))

Probably.

Actually, as I've gotten more experience (I'm into my 9th year of
aircraft ownership now -- dang, how did THAT happen?) I've grown more
competent at helping my A&P.

Mostly that means I now know when to stay the hell out of his way...

;-)

I suppose it's a matter of interest and skills in doing that sort of thing.
I've had my airplane since 1976 and try to stay close when it's being
worked on. So I've seen a lot and retained some. But I've not been
interested in picking up tools.

I've changed a tire tube once; and I've also replaced a landing light. I
won't do either again unless the necessity presents itself as it did those
times.

--ron