Old April 20th 09, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

Default ------------- And now for something completely different... (Read the Zero file) - File 1 of 1 - B-52_Stratofortress.rar (000/248)

"Mitchell Holman" wrote in message
. 130...

I don't use MSOE as my newsreader and I still
haven't heard a reason why images cannot be posted
in the standard jpeg format that has been used here
for decades.

Change is nice when there is an advantage.

What is the advantage to rar files?

I _do_ use OE and now Windows Mail and I didn't have any problems. I
downloaded all the parts - I use a 3rd party usenet host that actually had
all the parts, combining them is easier than it sounds and Winzip decoded
the rar files for me.

I like OE/WM, it does all that I need. The closest I've found for what I
want is Thunderbird, the worst is Opera and I've tried Agent as well as a
couple of others.

I can understand why Lee created the pdf file, it's a book, not just a
collection of pictures. Pdf files were created for online documents,
books, brochures etc, so it makes sense. Reading the B-52 book as 248
jpegs would be a nightmare, I'd have put them into a pdf here. If you
need the pictures, they're easy enough to extract.

I'm not getting into the yEnc debate - that just seems to generate more heat
than light.

Damn fine piece of scanning BTW, I can never get all the pages straight on
the platen, without a _lot_ of work. Maybe it's the document feeder ....

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton