Old October 30th 03, 03:18 AM
Larry Smith

"jlauer" wrote in message
om...
Wondering if you have someone could provide an answer to an engine
installation question. I have a hovercraft that uses a Tecumseh LEV
80-120 5.5 hp engine for the lifting propeller.

The question is weather the engine can be mounted with the
piston/spark plug facing down (incline is at 22 degress down angle
from level) without messing up the engine during operation?

I am concerned that the engine might not get enough lubrication tilted
down at 22 degress during its operation?

Thanks

All the Tecumsehs I've seen have positive pressure oil pumps. Tilting 22
degrees shouldn't be a problem. They sure do get tilted in normal service.