Old March 24th 04, 05:02 PM
Richard Pfiffner

Dan

WinPilot ADV or PRO makes declarations to the Volkslogger easy. All you
have to know how to do is put the Volkslogger in the PC mode. You can also
down load the Volkslogger log with WinPilot and put them on a SD card or
leave them on your PDA for view in you PC.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

"Dan Rihn" wrote in message
om...
Anybody have any tips on using the Volkslogger?
I have found the manual to be very lacking, the three buttons very
clumsy and the logic is terrible.
I'm trying to up load tasksand turnpoints, and be sure that I've
declared the task correctly.

Whe I ask for help at the gliderport I watch others push buttons and
get lost just as fast and easily as I do.

Sure would be great to have a software that I could use to really
communicate withthe VL and see where and what I'm doing in a larger
format.
I have had a tough time with the included StrePla software, SeeYou
seems to be much better. But neither really commnicate back and forth
with the VL very well.
The StePla manual and help butons are very lacking. So far SeeYou wins
hands down.

As a dumb logger the VL is great, no problems downloadig my flights
into SeeYou.
Reall using the functions of the VL is very frustrating.
There has got to be a better way!

Thanks,
Dan Rihn