Old January 4th 07, 04:00 AM posted to us.military.navy,rec.aviation.military.naval,alt.religion.islam,soc.culture.iranian,sci.military.naval
Ski

Default ,

sink them in shallow water and still use the guns and superstructure
think of it this way - we would want the Iranians to shoot at the battle ship and possibly sink it for a proper start of a war
we would not like to loose a carrier group for the same start pass - think strategic man
besides the battle ship would be paid for by the locals and could benefit them with the joint command center they do not have

"Vince" wrote in message . ..
Ski wrote:
hat is why we need to take out the carrier battle groups and bring back a
battle ship that would be left there forever

"Arash" wrote in message
oups.com...
Slow and huge U.S. warships are very vulnerable in a tiny operating
area like the Persian Gulf.

you mean it would be sunk?

Vince