Old November 27th 16, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Sale today on 12 Volt flexible solar panel

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 6:47:29 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
(and lithiums are not an option)

Tom

Why might that be? Just curious ....

Uli
AS

4-6 volt batts ( 20 ampH), wired so that they supply both the engine and the avionics. Toggle switch chooses either just avionics, or both motor and avionics.

Unique wiring situation, I have studied the wiring diagram, and wiring in the plane and not figured out a safe way to wire in batteries to just the avionic side so that there would be no possibility of drawing high current also for motor start. This would fry normal avionic sized wires.

Ideally, it would be wired so you could feed the avionics from lithiums, and then have the ability to save the main batteries for motor start, but also use them as back up for avionics if the need occurred.

If anyone has come up with a good and safe solution please email me.

Kevin
92
Kevin Soar AT Gmail dot com