Old April 12th 17, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation,alt.law-enforcement,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Petzl

Default United Airlines, We put the "Hospital" in "Hospitality"!

On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:30:47 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote in news:el5f1bFb5krU1
:

To my mind, the proper solution to the overbooking problem is either to
ban it outright (given that it's deliberate, not just a mistake),

Overbooking is intentional. It is done to try and ensure paying
passengers for all flights.

The plane was full, not over booked.
Four un-booked "staff" turned up last minute requiring seats

or to
require that the airline just keep offering more and more money until
they do get the needed volunteers. If that means they have to offer

tens
of thousands of dollars, then so be it - that's the price of

overbooking.

The maximum is $1350 and it is usually in the form of a voucher which can
be used on other flights on that same airline. It used to be the cost of
the ticket for a later flight and a dinner at the airport. It could also
include an overnight stay at a local hotel if the later flight was
tomorrow.

I would expect an airline has the right to remove anyone it wants to?
However United Air abused this privilege
--
Petzl
Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software License Agreement.