Old April 21st 18, 06:34 PM
POPS POPS is offline
Member

Here ya go, a visual on a decent enough trailer set up. Not in this setup, but the wings are often crisscrossed in the trailer with the Phoebus for some reason, which adds a little bit of monkey business when rigging and de-rigging. Pay particular attention to how the fuselage lives securely in the cradle.
Only the C model had that parachute of course, which is pretty cool... And probably fun to play around with if you're living on grassy fields, wouldn't last too long out in the Wild West.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GY4NmiJc6o

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Foster View Post
What are your thoughts regarding the Phoebus A as a first glider for a low-time pilot who received their training in a 2-33? I have the opportunity to acquire a Phoebus for a very good price from the club that I'm training with, but it has not flown in over 15yrs. No one knows of any obvious problems with it, but no one can say it is OK either. It does not come with a trailer.