Old December 14th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Default Sims

Lots of posters here have fun bashing MX, but I have to say that one of the
more enjoyable experiences I've had lately was sitting in the family room,
in front of the PC. I am working on my instrument ticket. Ove the years I
have collected the CH yoke and footpedals. I have downloaded a flight model
and graphics for my Sundowner. I was looking out the window at the snow
falling, and I set the sim to real world weather. Damn if the screen didn't
look exactly like the weather outside, and I was once again looking at my
panel. The ATC simulation wasn't bad either, and off I went down the
"runway." I got vectored around pretty much the same as when I fly under
the hood. I thought that was absolutely fantastic, and all for about a
nickel's worth of electricity. No instructor or safety pilot needed.