Old August 28th 04, 05:55 AM
Marv Hamm

Default Firewall Insulation

--------- KB wrote:

The insulation on the firewall of my RV-6 is coming loose. Originally, I
used 3M spray adhesive and aluminum tape to hold the stuff in place, but the
insulation has come loose and repair efforts (more tape) have not held up.
My guess is that heat simply causes the glue and or tape to release. Any
better suggestions for attaching a flexible foam type material to a
stainless steel firewall?

I have not used the following 3M tapes.....but they have high temp tapes
available with details at the following links---long links...you may need to
cut & paste them:

3M metal foil tapes brochu

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...6gIwCmtLUD o-

3M 363 aluminum glass tape(highest temp):

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...eosnQ9GZHH l-

3M 361 glass cloth tape:

http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediaw...fTY5RAH&hb T-

3M 3633 heat management tape: