Old November 20th 05, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Motorglider wanted help.

Thanks for the on topic response Steve. I checked into the Schiebe
SF-24 Motorspatz when it what first listed. The Hirth F22 engine
someone tried to install on it has a much higher thrust line than what
the original F10 had. The oriiginal F10 had a unique redrive that
lowered the prop axis. The F22 raises the axis. The engine mount had
been cut and it overall looks like a butcher job. The seller insists
the engine will work.(SIGH) However, along those lines I may have
located a L-Spatz that could be cleanly converted to power. Not as
rare a glider and I wouldn't feel as bad as I would trying to undo the
errors someone did to the Motorspatz.
I'll research into the other gliders you've suggested. I want to start
the story with a interesting bird.
Your name sounded familiar so I did a google search. WOW, thirteen
Kansas state records.

Highest regards
Kevin Tesmar
Minneapolis