Old October 18th 03, 12:02 AM
Larry Smith

Default Shakespeare Throttle Friction Lock

The A&P next door said to use some plumber's packing in it. It won't lock
any more because that little squishy grommet died, so he said pack it with
that plumber's packing and it will lock when you screw it down. Anybody
ever tried this? I'll let you know how it works.

This A&P (with inspection authorization) is one whiz of a mechanic and moves
'em in and out -- lotsa big twins like 310's and Nevergos -- so fast it will
make you dizzy. I saw him take a mag apart and put it back together, and he
did it so fast it was a blur.

Otherwise, all's fair and serene (and bustling too with leaf-lookers and the
famished coming to eat at the cafe) at Li'l Slice O' Heaven Airfield,
Ruhfuhdton, NC. We have a new sod field there too, but please don't bring
anything in with crappy-looking wheelpants or otherwise butt-ugly. Ratty
looking Cubs excepted. Our latest thrill was a covey of Thorpes, which left
in formation and did a fast fly-by.