Old April 3rd 20, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default Trailer access calculation?

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 5:45:04 AM UTC-4, John McLaughlin wrote:
I want to bring my trailer home to do some maintenance while we're all
grounded, but I'm not sure if I can access my house from the road. I
have a 90deg bend to get around and then the second issue is a short,
steep slope, which may ground the back of the trailer.

So my question is, if I measure things up, how can I calculate whether
access is theoretically possible? Is there any advice on the internet - I
can't find anything?

I don't want to just try the trailer for size because I fear getting it
stuck.

Assuming you are pulling with a car, unhitch the trailer and strap the hitch
to a furniture dolly;that should get you a foot of rear end clearance. pull the combination using the safety chain.
JMF