Old July 11th 03, 01:11 PM
Slav Inger

Default PPL and flight simulators

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

Are simulator hours (I mean "real" simulators, not just a Peecee running Ms
Flight Simulator) countable as flying hours if the PIC has the PPL and the
ratings/endorsements necessary to fly the type of aircraft the simulator
represents? What requirements are necessary for the simulator to be
recognised as valid? Can a simulator be used in a type rating?

Use of approved simulator devices is allowed for training purposes.
When you're a PP acting as PIC and would like to fly the approved sim
and log the hours, my interpretation of FAR 61.57 is that you can do it
and use it later towards a rating or to maintain VFR and IFR currency.

- Slav Inger
- PP ASEL IA @ YIP