Old March 23rd 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Ian B MacLure

Default JSF Price Tag Jumps to $135 Million

" Sunny" wrote in news:xXhpn.14133$pv.11282
@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

[snip]

Here in Australia our stupid Govt. has not yet cancelled orders for the
thing.
As for artillery, you have to get the tubes and ammo close enough first,
to support the Infantry. (Ex Grunt with 36 years service.)
We should have bought F15s to replace our F111 :-)

As to artillery, things have changed recently. First round hits
from 30+ km for tube artillery and 75km for MLRS are not uncommon.
A single MLRS or truck mounted version thereof can cover an area
150km in diameter.
What JSF does is give you longer range strike capacity and H hour
ability to take out high value targets undetected until things are
supposed to go pear shaped.

IBM