Old March 7th 04, 12:24 AM
Ed Majden

"Dudley Henriques" Ed;
I'm not sure where you want to go in the war as it relates to the

Canadians,
but for the BOB period and shortly after, I'm sure a quick historical

check
for RAF 242 Sqd. at Colitishall in 1940 will produce some very good

results
for Hurricanes flown by Canadians, with the exception of one very

outspoken
English commander who thought they were the greatest bunch of fighter

pilots
he ever flew with!!

What about after D-Day etc? I guess some flew with the RAF in North
Africa also. This history must be written down somewhere! Any books on
No.6 Bomber Group? Also remember seeing a TV program on the "Lost
Squadron", flying Liberators over the Indian Ocean. Apparently at squadron
reunions know one remembers these guys as they were so far removed from the
main campaign!
Ed
Ret. AST/RST tech 1958-1986 R.C.A.F./C.A.F.