Old July 6th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

Default FWIW, Moller Again ?

In a previous article, "Matt Barrow" said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Al G" said:
GROUND-EFFECT VEHICLE PRODUCTION LAUNCHED
www.Moller.com.

Funny how the 1953 Avro Aircar was a saucer-shaped aircraft intended to
fly at altitude but they couldn't get it out of ground effect. History
repeats itself?

Except Avro was trying to get OUT of ground effect; Moller is trying to stay
IN it.

No, Moller used to say his things were going to fly. This "only in ground
effect" thing is recent, probably after he realized he couldn't get out of
ground effect.

The ironic thing is that he was at Avro when they were working on the
Aircar.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Here in the US, we are so schizoid and deeply opposed to government