Old October 25th 20, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hugh Grandstaff[_3_]

Default The Apology

What a really sad state of affairs that most of the posters in this thread show absolutely no evidence of empathy (i.e. the capacity to see things through other's eyes) wrt the complainers. Very disappointing to me. The ad was bad enough in that it pours salt on open wounds, the "mansplaining" of the posters is off the wall.

Totally agree that's bad, John. But I'm more concerned, oh, I don't know, about the fact that we have people on he

1) calling women "childless corporate whores" without any remorse
2) saying a woman would "look better if she kept her mouth shut"
3) indicating that the women who took the time to voice their discomfort should apologize to effectively everyone they have ever encountered in aviation
4) asking each of the women that voiced their discomfort "what they had done for soaring"
5) said "what these females have done is dig a big hole, I don't think they have a shovel big enough to dig their way out."
6) said "It would be great if all women could be subservient and get my slippers and a beer"
7) oh...and the whole nazi/fascist rhetoric.

All of this because there were women who said "I didn't like that ad for these reasons."

People on here compared women to Nazis, Fascists, whores, and wished they were more subservient because they were willing to voice their discomfort about an advertisement.

I'll say that again.

People on here compared women to Nazis, Fascists, whores, and wished they were more subservient because they were willing to voice their discomfort about an advertisement.

And not a single person who made those statements has said "maybe that was over the line." Not one of them.

That's what I'm concerned about.