Old September 27th 04, 01:37 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Rocky" wrote in message
om...

Are you now splitting hairs?

I don't think so.

I thought the whole idea of the original post was how does a deaf pilot
get along with no radio communication. In the overall scheme of things,
isn't FSS, Tower Apch/Dep control, Center, all on the radio part of
ATC?

No.

Go ahead and split hairs. What is air traffic control if it isn't control
of
aircraft in the air? I'm impressed by your posts and challenges but are
they very useful?

It can also be control of aircraft on the ground, as is provided by control
towers at controlled fields. Towers, TRACONs, and Centers control aircraft
in the air, FSSs do not.

Geeeeezzzoooooh

I'm not familiar with that term.