Old July 12th 03, 01:39 PM
journeyman

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:26:27 GMT, Sydney Hoeltzli wrote:
G.R. Patterson III wrote:

Same here. I have never had an ASOS tell me that VFR flight was not
recommended because of the possibility of icing in clouds.

Or more annoying, "broken record" VFR flight not recommended at
you in lieu of a proper briefing because the wx 20 miles to the
south is bad

An advantage of getting IFR briefings? Last briefing I got, it seemed
like the briefer badly wanted to say "IFR not recommended". Thing is,
she was right. I opted to wait and see, but it was a lost cause that
day.

Morris (still here to fly again another day)