Old December 28th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
A Guy Called Tyketto

Default IFR Cancellation Question

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in message
et...

Perhaps you should use your connections and ask that very same
question to San Carlos Tower (KSQL), as they have pilots coming in
exactly like this, and they *ARE* a Class D airport.

No need to, I already know the answer. What makes you think NORCAL approach
makes a phone call to San Carlos tower to coordinate VFR arrivals?

I asked you the question. Provide the answer, and your
rationale on why NCT does this. If you want to hear them doing this
very thing, listen to the LiveATC feed. Then come back to us. I'm not
on the spot here, You are.

In fact, it isn't only the TRACON that is doing this, KSFO
Tower does this as well. Constantly and Consistently, the following
is given to pilots:

"N123CM, leaving Class Bravo airspace to the south, radar services
terminated, maintain your present beacon code, contact San Carlos
Tower, 119.0."

That instruction tells you that San Francisco tower makes a phone call to
San Carlos tower to coordinate VFR arrivals?

You're putting words in my mouth. You're the controller. Answer
the question.

Want proof of it, hit up the KSFO Tower feed at LiveATC.

Interfacility phone calls are on LiveATC?

Did I ever say they were? you're putting words in my mouth
again. You really do love to avoid answering questions posed to you,
don't you?

Now, I haven't visited KSQL so I don't know if they have BRITE, but from
my
tour of NCT, controllers there told us that it is done so the tower
knows who is who as they drop below the Class B floor.

What would be the point in telling aircraft to maintain their present beacon
code if SQL tower had no radar?

You definitely misunderstand and misconstrue. Read my quote
again. I say again, I have not visited SQL Tower, so I do not know if
they have radar or not. there's only so many times in which I will
repeat myself before I apply the Dilbert rule. you're coming close to
it.

So I say again. Why don't you ask them, as they are actively
doing this. I've supplied you the proof they do it, and the question is
being asked. You're the controller who says he has the answers. Well,
Britannica, let's have them.. Or should what you're saying go by the
way of Wikipedia as well?

For some they do
call the tower to let them know who is coming in (pending how the
traffic load is), some they don't. But it is a standard practice
happening at one of the busiest centralized TRACONs in the airspace.

More likely a misunderstanding on your part.

What I stated came from the controller working that airspace at
that time. But you would already know that, all the way from Green Bay,
wouldn't you. I'm sorry. Do us this then. I'll provide you the name of
the controller. Call up NCT, and have the ATM there fire the
controller. That will do that airspace a world of good. While you're at
it, since he more than likely came from OKC, fire everyone providing
the training as well.

Steven, for a long time, you've sounded like the typical ATC
pompous idiot, and you really have to wonder why people question you.
If you were to leave your attitude at work, where Green Bay TRACON is
rather busy, you'd get a better response, and provide a much better
understanding to pilots and controllers around these groups. In short,
grow up.

BL.
- --
Brad Littlejohn | Email: