Old November 15th 18, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco

Default Glider Simulator Training at the USAFA

On Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 5:05:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
In the summer of 2018, the United States Air Force Academy began using Mach 0.1 Simulated Glider Cockpits as part of their "Glider Airmanship" course. The data collected from the course shows that the solo rate for students who completed the course in 2018 was more than double the solo rate of the previous two years.

To see a full article about the program, send us an email to and we will email you a copy.

How does this differ from the simulators that they have been using since 2008? They have had condor hooked up to all the controls on a wrecked L-23 fuselage with head tracking for a number of years, and I thought they implemented simulator time as part of the curriculum as far back as 2009-2010...