Old October 21st 05, 05:03 AM
Dave Stadt

Default Landing Lights at NAPA

"Don Tuite" wrote in message
Did you notice that the NAPA bulb didn't have the tit on the back that
the aviation bulb of the same number had? The tit fits into a notch
in the sheet metal that the bulb goes into and aligns the filament in
a certain orientation.

When I put a NAPA bulb into our 235, our mechanic worried aloud that
if we had a crash and the crash investigators found the titless bulb,
there'd be trouble. (And of course, the landing-light assembly would
inevitably survive the crash,thanks to Murphy.)

Comments invited.

Don

The Wagner 4509 aircraft lamps from Farm and Fleet are anatomically correct
and the last time I bought some they were well under $10.00 each. .