Old August 12th 10, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

Default US Region V West

Hey All Y'all Dashing Heroes of the Air,

I don't want to speak out of turn, but the "split" Region V West contest
at Chilhowee (Benton, Tennessee, USA) is only 3 weeks away! Time to get
your name on the list. You really don't want to miss out on this contest
for a number of reasons in (no particular order):

1. Chilhowee is just a great place to fly. It's mountain flying without
the fear. Of course the ridge flying can be excellent there, but the
varied terrain also makes for usually excellent thermal flights. I say
"without the fear" because there are wide agricultural valleys with
plenty of landing fields and airstrips for safe outlandings.

2. Legendary hospitality. Chilhowee is always a party, as anyone who has
attended Oktoberfest there will tell you.

3. It's a scenic, beautiful area with lots of attractions that your crew
will appreciate.

4. The contest is being held over two weekends - no need to miss work or
consume vacation days.

5. Chilhowee will be the site of the 2011 Sports Nationals. Region V
West is THE chance to learn the site and get all that vital "local
knowledge".

Chilhowee is a "new" racing site as far as hosting Regionals or National
comps. However, it is frequently the site for our local GTA race series,
so Sarah (the proprietor, for those unf has plenty of experience hosting
contests. I have no vested interest in Chilhowee Gliderport. I just want
to support a new racing site (and have lots of friends to play with at
the race).

Fly safe, y'all.

WB