Old August 20th 03, 07:48 PM
Mike Kanze

Ed,

No. This "George" was a USN type, from a later era.

Again, I'm not certain of the first name. And it wouldn't surprise me at
all if just about anyone in Naval Air with the last name of "Shields" wound
up carrying the "Panty" moniker sometime during their flying career.

Owl sends.
--
Mike Kanze

436 Greenbrier Road
Half Moon Bay, California 94019-2259
USA

650-726-7890

"I've had a lot of calls asking if my dog Ernest was running for Governor.
I explained to each caller that Ernest died several years ago, to which the
usual response has been, 'So what?' Come to think of it, would a dead dog
running for Governor make California look any more weird than it already
does?"

- Al Shugart, Chairman - Friends of Ernest (San José Mercury-News, 8-16-03)

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
"Mike Kanze" wrote:

George "Panty" Shields. (Not sure of the first name here.)
Roy "H. Rap Seagull" Seth.

I feel pretty sure, but I'll ask anyway--that wouldn't be the George
Shields who got a MiG-21 on 9/12/72 in an F-4E from the 34th TFS at
Korat in the pit of Mike Mahaffey?

We called him "George of the Jungle".

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (ret)