Old April 10th 05, 04:17 PM
Alan

Absolutely! Actually a friend of mine. He commuted in his plane every
day and would "brag" to me about how it was so rote that he didn't
feel the need to preflight each time. He then related the "funny"
story about how one morning he took off and just as he reached pattern
altitude the engine began to sputter. He realized that he hadn't put
fuel in for a while and probably didn't have any fuel left and
managed to turn it back to the airport to land. Also, since he had
been strapped for cash, he had not had an annual for a couple of
years. I told him that no way was I going to fly with him. He was
insulted and wouldn't acknowledge me after that. Just found out he
sold the airplane and I was relieved both for him and any potential
passengers.

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:32:55 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

...refused to fly with someone you felt was not entirely safe? (With that
person acting as PIC, not as a passenger in your own plane.)

I had it happen earlier this year, for the first time, ever, and it felt,
well, weird.

I think I did the right thing, but it's hard to say. That funny little
voice in my head just kept saying "stay on the ground..." -- so I did.

Never heard that voice before.