Old May 20th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Air & Space, June/July 2006

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

"john smith" wrote in message
One would think a premier aviation publication such as Air & Space would
get basic facts correct.

Page 13, In Memoriam, paragraph one...
"...Scott Crossfieldk 84 was killed las April when flying his
twin-engine Cessna 210A..."

The 1/2 page article also referenced the movie "The Right Stuff", where
the article stated "In the film, the X-15 shakes violently as it
approaches Mach 2..." Um, sorry Sparky, the X-15 didn't appear in the
movie. I'm surprised either error got past the editor.

Kind of sad to make two factual errors in a 1/2 page article.

Well if Air & Space is anything like the rest of corporate America and
like the company I work for, then they have outsourced their magazine
to India where they may or may not get the facts straight.

David - Any typos are not necessarily the fault of responder due to
outsourcing this
response was not sent out be me.