Old March 22nd 04, 12:47 PM
hiroshima facts

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message ...

I dont think all the population of Tokyo were in the area
affected by its bombing either

Correct. Only about 1 million people.

but the target at Hiroshima was the military HQ and there
were at least 30,000 soldiers in the area.

43,000 Japanese soldiers (20,000 of which were killed by the bomb).

I never saw figures for injuries, but I imagine a lot of the rest had
some serious injuries.

Actually the arms plant was the target.

It was the target the pilot was aiming for because it was all he could
see. But the target he was supposed to be hitting at Nagasaki was the
Mitsubishi Shipyards.

In neither case were half the population killed as you asserted

Not half population of the cities. But half the population in the
areas affected by the bombs.