Old May 18th 04, 03:06 PM
roger druce

If you know someone with back copies of Soaring, there was an article by Les
Sebald in the technical section around 1990 on installing an antenna to his
DG400, as best I recollect. There is also an article by Jim Weir in Sport
Aviation about the same time, no .. much earlier.

Just tried searching my files and happened to strike paper copies.
The references a
Soaring March 1986, Les Sebald "Antennas can be better" page 42-45
Sport Aviation October 1976 Jim Weir "Economy antennas or what to do with
left over brazing rod" pages 71-77

Maybe Jim Weir still operates "Radio Systems Technology" and if they have a
web site you could use Google to find it. Such a website may have Jims info
on it or more updated info??

Cheers
Roger Druce

"ken ward" wrote in message
If you had to (re)install an antenna in a glider, how would you do it?
What material would you use, what length would it be, how would you
terminate the aft end, how do you get the aft end all the way back there
and secured, etc?

Thanks,
Ken