Old November 17th 03, 02:52 AM
Vaughn

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
I flew real simulators. And I have flown the crap they make for

computers.And
anything that you can do on a computer isn't even close. If you want to

fly
your computer for fun ok,bur remember it is just a toy. but don't confuse

it
with real flying or flying a real simulator. I guess you have never flown

Air
Force simulators. If you had you wouldn't be talking such patent nonsense.

Now
be a good guy and just go away.

I think it depends on what you are trying to simulate. If you are
studying instrument procedures, then a good PC sim may make a great
procedure trainer. If you want to learn how to fly, then every PC sim that
I have seen so far is worse than useless. Without motion, without a wide
view, without being able to look out the side window and back to judge your
downwind-to-base turn, without true feedback on your controls, without true
"butt feel" of accelerative forces, without a whole bunch of other stuff;
you are wasting your time and perhaps "learning" something dangerously
wrong.

If you just want to have fun with your PC, go for it!

Vaughn (a flight instructor)