Old April 28th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike Adams[_2_]

Default IFR trip from Madison MS to Steubenville OH with ATC COMS - Video

" wrote:

My Thursday flight up to Ohio.

Allen,

Your videos are always interesting and well done. I'm really impressed with the ease of use of the IFR
system in your part of the country. Out here in Arizona, it's much more difficult to get IFR practice due to
the numerous restricted areas and high MEA's.

I have one very minor nit-pick on your first video. This turned out to be completely inconsequential, but I
thought I would mention it anyway. Shortly after departure (1:55 into the video) ATC asked you your on
course heading and then cleared you to resume own nav to Bowling Green. Your read back was "cleared
direct to Bowling Green". "Resume own nav" and "cleared direct" are two different things. I looked on
Flightaware and it looks like your filed flight plan was direct, so maybe there's no difference. But I
suppose theoretically at least, that present position direct from the point where you were told "resume
own nav" could have been a slightly different course than the direct path between your departure and
destination. Did you do a present position Direct-to, or just intercept the original flight plan?

Again, thanks for posting these videos. There's been so little interesting discussion on these newsgroups
lately, that it's good to see them actually being used as intended!

Mike