Old February 1st 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Cheap remote control keyboards from china for flight!

On Saturday, February 1, 2014 10:40:14 AM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
Your reaction seems defensive, but I did not attack. From a "maker" point of view, I think that it is cool that you mapped the array of keys onto the screen. But it is not obvious what that buys you compared to a mini-trackball.

I thought this was covered not that long ago in another thread - too lazy to look it up. In a nutshell, try using a trackball when scooting along on a ridge at 100kts with +/- 2G bumps every couple of seconds. Not fun. Key-based (up/down/left/right/select)controllers with positive tactile response and discreet actions are SO much easier to work with. HOTAS controls on military aircraft are a good example.