Old March 30th 04, 01:26 PM
S. Ramirez

"Dave Jacobowitz" wrote in message
om...
I had to scrub my instrument checkride today because the
aircraft I train in went in for a 50-hr inspection (my
club's code-word for "oil change") and ended up with
the door sent out to be welded. (Sounds to me like a
squawk from a recent annual that was deferred until
right before someone really needed the airplane!)

Dave,

I believe the reason for your frustration is more related to the state of
the flying fleet out there. We are literally flying around in POSs, because
they are so old, and airplane providers provide the minimum maintenance to
squeeze as much cost out of the equation.

Tuesday a week ago I flew a 1972 C-172 POS and had a few squawks after the
flight. I've been disappointed by this airplane before. On my instrument
check ride, the DE's door wouldn't latch shut, so he canceled the ride until
it was fixed. It's one dam thing after another with these old airplanes.

Thursday a week ago, I went for a demo flight in a 2003 Symphony 160. The
engine sounded great, the avionics are dynamite, everything worked great,
and it was cheaper! Of course I'm comparing a four seater to a two seater,
but most of the time I fly with one other passenger. I know which one I'm
flying from now on.

Simon