Old January 30th 04, 07:22 PM
gwengler

I have the WSI / MX20 combination installed in my T182. This works
really great! The oldest weather information I have noticed was about
4 minutes old (continuous broadcast). I have never lost reception of
the weather data. I am very happy with this system and can highly
recommend it.

Gerd
T182T C-FDOW

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message ...
I recently installed a Garmin GDL 49 to receive weather reports from
satellite (Echoflight subscription). I was disappointed that we only
were in contact with the satellite for 60% of the time. In particular,
we were not able to get reports just as we needed them...as we were
approaching IFR conditions in Wisconsin (coming from the west). It was
quite frustrating. When it worked, it worked just great. But not
having coverage that much was not good. Does anyone else have
experience with the GDL 49/Echo Flight combination? I am trying to
figure out if the problem is noise being picked up on my antenna do to a
faulty installation, or if the coverage is inherently that poor.

-Sami