Old May 6th 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Rigger Information

As the producer of the WingRigger, I toyed with the idea of remote electric adjustment. I built a few, and made the parts to be retrofittable to existing WingRiggers. I learned that, the more powerful the actuator, the slower it operated due to the gear ratio from the motor to the screw drive. To allow for a faster speed without giving up the lifting capacity, I used an actuator with about 150 lbs. power and also had a 100 lb. gas spring. That seemed to work well. Unfortunately, demand never really developed, so I put the idea aside.