Old July 2nd 03, 04:55 PM
Kevin McCue

Along the lines of this and a previous thread, I sent this to the White
house yesterday w/copies to my congressional critters.

President Bush
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington D.C.

July1, 2003

Dear President Bush,

Please do not visit or send Vice President Cheney to the Tucson area during
your fund raising and campaigning junkets. The onerous flight restrictions
now (30 nm radius) imposed by your travels are in excess of 12,000 cubic
miles of airspace closed to general aviation. Not only does this deprive
law-abiding U.S. citizens of their right to travel but it could push some
struggling businesses over the edge.
Since 9/11, innuendo, false alarms and pointless flight restrictions have
decimated the general aviation industry. This industry employs more people
than the airlines but has not received any economic relief. On the contrary,
general aviation continues to be selected for additional economic damage
through an executive policy of unreasonable restrictions, impositions, and
lack of due process. The "DC 3" airports are an excellent example.
You have a right to campaign and raise funds but you must be aware that
these activities are not within the duties of you office. While conducting
these activities you are holding your rights above those of millions of
fellow citizens. I hope you will take an opportunity to review your security
arrangements soon. Until you can reduce the imposition (return to the 10 nm
radius) or realistically justify the current restrictions, please give your
fellow citizens a break and stay home.

Kevin W. McCue
Business owner and pilot

--