Old September 26th 05, 08:09 AM

In sci.electronics.design Peter wrote:
wrote
Try
http://www.rockwellcollins.com/produ...ols/index.html
maybe?

Well, yes, I am sure if I went through the massive paperwork exercise
and installed something like that, or S-TEC, it would work just fine.

It might be a silly amount of paperwork, but then you'd more than likely
have a reliable autopilot. As it stands, you are getting warranty
replacements, but there is a time and hassle factor of getting them
swapped out. Somewhere there is a break-even point.

It has to be said that the KFC225 does a super job of controlling the
aircraft, even in pretty bad turbulence. It just keeps packing up. I
am on my 3rd main unit, too (the built-in altimeter and pitch gyro are
prone to packing up)

Have you checked out the rest of the electrical system on the aircraft?
Maybe there is some other problem that is burning this stuff out. This
might even involve hooking up some kind of data logger and flying around
for a while; some spikes might not show up in ground testing or on short
flights.

Matt Roberds