Old September 30th 05, 09:17 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:31:50 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
.. .

If the approach plates constitute an appropriate display of the contents
of
FAA forms 8260, and if they indicate that the PT is mandatory, then that
*IS* an FAR (incorporated by reference into 14 CFR 97)

Can you provide an example of an approach plate with the statement "PT
MANDATORY", or something similar?

That phrase, to the best of my knowledge, appears on neither Jepp nor NACO
charts. However, that is not how Jepp indicates that a PT is mandatory on
their charts. (I'm not as familiar with NACO charts).

According to the Jepp charting conventions, if the PT is charted, and if
one of the previously discussed exceptions don't apply, then it is
required.