Old March 21st 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

Default Annual Off to a Good Start

Before I got my Bonanza, I was looking at Mooney's. The after market
bladder tanks made by O&N are considered an upgrade. My bladders were
all replaced about 20 years ago.

My first annual with this airplane is in May.

Dave
M35

Newps wrote:
I replaced a bladder a year ago. 42 gallon tank in the left wing. Bo
bladders cost the same as Cessna bladders of similar gallons when you
buy from the three main aftermarket sources like Eagle or Floats and
Fuel Cells. No idea what Beech charges, probably horrendous. But
nobody buys a bladder from Beech or Cessna. That would be stupid,
they're buying them aftermarket, why pay the up charge? Labor for a Bo
is less than on the 182 I had by several hours. First reason is because
you are standing on the ground and not always going up and down the
ladder. Second is all the snaps are easily reachable. Third all the
connections are easily accessible, no dissasembling the headliner to get
at the sender, etc. Fourth the tank is easily removable. How do you
get a Cherokee tank out? Derivet? Remove a wing?

wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 07:55:33 -0600, Newps wrote:

Somebody tell me again why a rubber bladder is a bad deal? At any
time you can get leaking rivets and cause yourself some heartache.
Didn't you just have some kind of tank repair not too long ago? I
put in a new bladder and I don't touch that tank for 30 years.

So what is the price of admission to watch you "put in a new bladder"?

Next question would be what is the price for a new OEM Bo' bladder?

TC