Old July 31st 17, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default glider aerobatics

I was under the impression that the FAA considers anything over 60 degrees of bank or 30 degrees of pitch, (except for spins), as aerobatic . . .

Well, perhaps.
Research through FAR 91.303 for a FAA definition of aerobatic flight (you might be surprised)
and FAR 91.307 for the parachute requirements. Glance at FAR 91.13 as well..

I'm just offering a clarification of the occasionally misunderstood FAA definition of acrobatic flight.
(Makes a good oral question on a checkride.)

When I imported my new Schleicher ASK-21 I had it certificated (by the factory) as Acrobatic, mainly for resale when (and if) I retire from my commercial glider operation.

I cannot answer your primary question of aircraft certification as I do not speculate without research.

Thread drift: The advice found on r.a.s. that may begin with "I heard" / "I think / "I recall" / "Someone told me" / "My impression was" may be speculation or hearsay. Not double-checking the facts with qualified sources may mix truth and fiction into a possible hazardous conclusion.