Old April 24th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Sun N Fun '07 Redux

Morgans wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Well, Jim, the average Cirrus pilot is paying $10 - $15K annually for
insurance, from what I've been told.

Makes my $1200/year seem positively reasonable.

I had no idea that it was so expensive to insure jets.

I have a hard time seeing how they will ever be able to get the cost down
low enough to make air taxi service with the VLJ's affordable.

Eclipse is quoting around $32K for full coverage on it's 500 for a "fully
qualified pilot" (ie, something around 2000+/500 hour pilot), or $64K for a
newbie.

http://www.eclipseaviation.com/ownership/insurance/