Old October 23rd 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Default KLN-90B

One thing to think about is if you're going to have or want GPSS autopilot
functionality and a GPS connection to the Aspen, you may want to see if both
are possible. *I'm not sure if the ARINC 429 will serve both GPSS and the
Aspen so this is a question you might want to have answered by a
knowledgeable avionics installer.

Hi Mike,

My understanding is that Aspen has built-in GPSS. It replace my DG as
my CIII auto pilot's heading system. A GPS feeding Aspen with roll/
GPS steering sentences in its ARINC 429 output should drive my CIII
auto pilot as if CIII having GPSS. That is my understanding, but I
have not been able to verify that with Aspen since they have not yet
replied my email.

Regards,

Robin