Old October 25th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Default KLN-90B

You need to make sure that the AP is certified to work with the source
of pitch/roll info which you propose to use.

Not sure about other auto pilot. My avionic tech told me CIII's AI
need to stay on my penal with Aspen install for 2 reasons: 1. as a
back up that is driven by a separate power source than Aspen (it is
vacum); and 2. it dreives my CIII to provide pitch/roll info. In the
other words, the Aspen does not provide pitch/roll to my CIII, it only
replaces my DG and CDI (or HSI if I had one) as my auto pilot's
heading system.

Robin