Old May 26th 19, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default Implausible Time Records

On 5/25/19 6:58 PM, Dan Marotta wrote:
I turned on my CN2 and CNvXC 20 minutes before engine start today. Then
it was another 15 minutes to warm up the engine before take off.Â* Even
though I had several GPS drop outs during the flight, it scored
perfectly.Â* BTW, all other devices in the cockpit, including my buddy's
iPad also lost GPS for those times.Â* Looks like the work around is to
let the GPSs get time synchronized before take off.

On 5/5/2019 9:38 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
For my last three flights I've been getting a message from OLC warning
of implausible time records in the igc file.Â* Does anyone know what
this means and what I might do to correct the problem? I've asked the
question on the ClearNav forum but haven't gotten a reply yet. the

Here's a link to the file if that helps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/erm01jilim...8Q-01.IGC?dl=0

Do the dropouts match up with published times for GPS jamming? Your
trace shows tons of gps altitude dropouts between about 15:00 and 16:00
local time, but clean otherwise. They do correspond to the NE leg of
your flight, but that may just be coincidence.