Old February 8th 04, 10:22 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Brett" wrote in message

Canada was an independent nation
by then which declared war independently
on Germany.

Not so.

Yes they did, and one Commonwealth of Nations country even chose to not to
declare war on Germany in 1939.

http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/departm...tDocumentId=18

Whereas by and with the advice of Our Privy Council for Canada We have
signified Our Approval for the issue of a Proclamation in the Canada Gazette
declaring that a State of War with the German Reich exists and has existed
in Our Dominion of Canada as and from the tenth day of September, 1939

At our Government House, in Our City of Ottawa, this tenth day of September,
in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and thirty-nine and in the
Third year of Our Reign.

By Command,

W. L. Mackenzie King,
Prime Minister of Canada.