Old September 10th 03, 09:07 PM
Guy Alcala

Ed Rasimus wrote:

Juvat wrote:

Ed Rasimus posted:

snip

If the 366th moved out of Danang in July of '72 at the peak of
Linebacker, it's a surprise to me.

Ummm, respectfully are you being sarcastic with the last part? See
Thompson page 223...talks about the movement of the 366th from Da Nang
to Takhli in June of 1972.

So I ask the question again, sincerely, who do we believe? And why am
I doing all the citations/research?

OK, I knew that Tahkli got the 4th deployment for S-J when the base
was re-activated. Didn't realize that the Gunfighters moved there as
well.

Squadrons of the 366th moved from DaNang, as stated. Offhand I don't
remember if they remained part of the 366th at first, or were put under some
other wing's control. Walt BJ can say, as he commanded one of the 366th's
squadrons (390th IIRR) at the time, and has mentioned the move in the past.

And, you're doing the research because you love it!

Speaking for myself, it's more often because I hate having to depend on
filktered, inaccurate accounts and urban legends, when the truth can be so
much more interesting (if less hyperbolic). But sometimes you come across a
nugget or vein of real gold in research, and you say "Ah Ha!, why they did
what they did now makes sense," and that is very satisfying.

Guy