Old June 13th 19, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: FRONT nose Trim weights for LS gliders

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 8:14:35 AM UTC-4, wrote:
There are nice suggestions, thanks!

I am going to check with a machine shop that I found one town over from me to see what they'd want as input. I've never used a cad program myself, but know people and I have done mechanical drawing before albeit 43 years ago! Not a hard part to draw,

You are correct that the post that holds the ballast is pretty tall (double the height?) compared to the height that the maximum of three trim ballasts allowed would be.

Well, I've gotta get out to the airport to retrieve my existing ballast from the cockpit and then I can get started!

--Cathy

You can also buy lead sheet from McMaster- Carr supply in a thickness that can be cut with tin snips. Stack up as many as needed.
UH