Old July 15th 05, 05:31 PM
iflyatiger

Default Senator Schumer now personally handles noise complaints

I guess Senator Schumer has so much free time that he is personally handling
noise complaints !
Every day of the year I hear the train blow it's whistle and I hear the
noise of the engine when it goes past my neighborhood..

What do you think should I give him a call and have him come to my house and
then we can get the long island railroad on the phone and demand that they
stop this noise! Sure..

Also notice how these guys are using every opportunity to pull out the
homeland security card ..

"Aero-News Network: The Aviation and Aerospace World's Daily/Real-Time News
and Information Service An article from Aero-News.net

Sen. Schumer Demands New Restrictions On Long Island Helicopter Flight Fri,
15 Jul '05

Says Noise Is Too Much -- They Should Fly Over Water
Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) says enough is enough -- low-flying helicopters
over Long Island have to go.

"Tens of thousands of Long Islanders are affected by this phenomenon. It's
annoying and disruptive," Schumer said, quoted in the Suffolk Life
newspaper. "The helicopter companies should be routed to fly over the
water."

Schumer has written FAA Administrator Marion Blakey, demanding the airspace
over Long Island be redesigned to incorporate such a change.

The New York senator doesn't think asking helicopter pilots to fly over
water is a problem.

"If helicopters have to add a few extra minutes onto their flight by flying
over water, so be it," he said. "There's no reason [the FAA] shouldn't
[enact the proposed legislation]."

Schumer, along with Brookhaven Town Supervisor John LaVelle, spoke to
reporters from the backyard of a neighborhood activist who was fed up with
noise from low-flying helos.

Not one flew over the woman's yard during the entire news conference,
according to the Suffolk Life.

"We need to look at this from a perspective of homeland security," LaValle
said. "There is no question that it is an issue when we're dealing with
things in flight."

Schumer wants Blakey to incorporate Long Island noise abatement procedures
as part of the overdue redesign of the airspace over New York City.

FMI: www.faa.gov, http://schumer.senate.gov Portions Copyright (c) 1999-2005
by Aero-News Network, Inc. All rights reserved.