Old June 13th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Raymond O'Hara

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

"Airyx" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 10:11 pm, "Raymond O'Hara"
Other potential adversaries with strong air capabilities are China
(conflicts with India, Vietnam, Phillipeans, Taiwan), and Venezuala
(conflicts will all of their neighbors).

the only scenario we'd get involved in is china/taiwan. and increasingly we
look like we might sell taiwan out even more than we have.

nixon should have made taiwan and china renounce all claims each has on the
other. his great triumph was a sham

we won't intervene in any china/india or china/vietnam affairs. nither india
or VN are historic allies and india was closer to the soviets than us in
the cold war.

venezuela might have oil money but they are not a power. as to their
neighbors, why would they or anybody attac guyana
and the cali cartel is probably better armed and trained than chavez's army.

china is the only real possiblity and they are a long way from being able to
even dream about invading taiwan.

we are the only country with any ability to project power overseas for the
forseeable future.